2020 December – Florida Talks Awards
Florida Humanities is pleased to announce $13,140 in Florida Talks grants to 15 Florida organizations in support of vital humanities programming.
Florida Talks provides up to $1,000 in funding to nonprofits and public institutions across Florida to host informative and thought-provoking presentations (in-person or virtual) by expert historians, storytellers, researchers, and authors featured in our prestigious Speakers Directory.
Florida Humanities, the statewide affiliate to the National Endowment for the Humanities, serves to preserve, promote and share the history, literature, culture and personal stories that offer Floridians a better understanding of themselves, their communities and their state.
The newly awarded grants are listed below, alphabetically by sponsoring organization:
- Boca Raton Museum of Art, $800
- Broward Public Library Foundation, $600
- Citrus County Historical Society, Inc., $1,000
- City of Lake Wales dba Lake Wales History Museum, $1,000
- Friends of Lincolnville, Inc., $540
- Friends of the Monroe County Public Library in Key West Florida, Inc., $900
- Friends of Wakulla Springs State Park, $1,000
- Historic Hernando Preservation Society Inc., $500
- Key Biscayne Community Foundation, $1,000
- Key West Art & Historical Society, $800
- Marco Island Historical Society, $1,000
- New Port Richey Public Library, $1,000
- North Florida South Georgia Veterans Health System, $1,000
- Pinellas County Historical Society, $1,000
- University of West Florida Foundation, Inc. / WUWF Public Media, $1,000
Bring a Florida Talks speaker series to your community (even virtually)!
- Art History
- Climate and Environment
- Current Exhibitions
- Florida Photography
- Florida Women
- Food and Drink
- FORUM Magazine
- Funding News
- History and Heritage
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Literature and Poetry
- Military and Veterans
- Past Exhibitions
- Press Releases
- Special Interest
- The "Humanities"
- Travel & Tourism
- Video, Film and Documentaries