In local communities across Florida, humanities-rich programming is making a lasting impact in the hearts and minds of Sunshine State residents and visitors alike. Florida Humanities is proud to partner with local community champions to bring you high-quality public programming through Community Project Grants, Florida Talks, Museum on Main Street, and more.
Alert: Some events may be canceled or postponed. We work to ensure that our events calendar remains accurate. We strongly urge you to call the event contact for any program you are interested in to confirm that the event is still planned.
- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT! Florida Humanities St. Augustine Gathering
October 6 @ 1:30 pm - October 8 @ 1:30 pm
Are you looking for a memorable travel experience rooted in the humanities? Join us for our St. Augustine Gathering, Oct. 6-8, 2023. On this historical and cultural tour, we’ll take a look at the arts, architecture and civil rights history of America’s oldest city.
Trip highlights include:
- Fort Mose, the first free Black settlement in the United States;
- A civil rights tour led by Flagler College scholar and historian Dr. Michael Butler;
- A tour of the Lightner Museum, formerly Henry Flagler’s grand Alcazar Hotel;
- “Painting St. Augustine,” from the University of Florida’s Harn Museum, on exhibit at the historic Governor’s House; program led by Harn Museum Chief Curator Dulce Roman;
- A tour of the Ximinez-Fatio House, one of the last coquina structures in St. Augustine and former artist’s colony
- Plus more!
Hampton Inn & Suites, 95 Vilano Road., St. Augustine. You can book your room by calling 904-827-9797 or using this link: room booking. Attendees are responsible for their own accommodations. You will receive an email with directions on how to book your hotel room with the Florida Humanities group rate.
The deadline to register is 9/5/2023; Limited spaces available, so reserve your spot today! For questions about membership, contact Mara Utterback at 727-873-2002 or [email protected].
October 6 @ 1:30 pm -
October 8 @ 1:30 pm