FORUM Magazine: Fall 2014 – FLORIDA’S Grand Canyon, Hidden World of our Precious Springs
Vol. XXXVIII, No. 3, Fall 2014
Table of Contents:
- Page 2, Ready for an adventure?
- Page 3, Splashing and laughing in the springs—and working together to save them. By Cynthia Barnett.
- Page 4, Enter another world, Where waters, once worshipped, are now threatened By Bill Belleville.
- Page 10, Bowls of liquid light, Map of Florida springs. Excerpt: Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
- Page 12, Where early people sought sustenance, By Bill Belleville.
- Page 13, Can Wakulla recapture its luster? By Jon Wilson.
- Page 14, Remembering a once-magical place. By Johnny Bullard.
- Page 16, Springs were mecca for tourists—and movie-makers. By Gary R. Mormino.
- Page 18, Humanities Alive! News and Events of the Florida Humanities Council.
- Page 20, Flying Underwater. By Margaret Ross Tolbert.
- Page 23, Painting the fluid. Excerpt: William Bartram.
- Page 24, Celebrating the legacy of Florida’s Highwaymen. By Jon Wilson.
- Page 26, What did teachers do on their summer vacation?
- Page 28, My Favorite Florida Place. Finding the deeper conversation in Old Key West. By Steven P. Locklin
- Page 32, Poetry and Pie. By Maurice J. O’Sullivan
- Art History
- Climate and Environment
- Current Exhibitions
- Florida Photography
- Florida Women
- Food and Drink
- FORUM Magazine
- Funding News
- History and Heritage
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Literature and Poetry
- Military and Veterans
- Past Exhibitions
- Press Releases
- Special Interest
- The "Humanities"
- Travel & Tourism
- Video, Film and Documentaries