FORUM Magazine: Fall 2020 – Alone Together: Stories of Florida in a Time of Crisis
FORUM Magazine 0
Vol. XLIV, No 3 Fall 2020
Table of Contents:
- Days of Trouble, Days of HOPE – What we can learn as we look back at other times of crisis in our state’s history. By Gary Mormino.
- Alone, Together – A Self-Portrait of Florida in a Time of Crisis – Floridians document in words and photographs how they have coped during this pandemic. Introduction. By Jacki Levine.
- How Children Cope When Dad Is on The Frontlines – One mother talks about teaching her young daughter lessons in caring to help her understand what Daddy’s doing when he can’t come home. By Nila Do Simon.
- Portraits of A Pandemic – In her poignant text and photographs, photographer Tina Russell documents the lives of Tampa Bay residents as they deal with isolation. By Tina Russell.
- The Poetry of Quarantine – A Florida Humanities contest unlocks the soaring creativity of high school students. Meet the poets who processed the troubling time of the pandemic through poetry. By Keith Simmons.
- Heritage Kitchen – Taste of Our Journeys, A flavorful blending of cultures – Meet Michelle Bernstein: This acclaimed South Florida chef, restaurateur and food show host celebrates the South American and Jewish tastes of her family’s culinary traditions. By Dalia Colón.
- Florida By Design – The tales they could tell – We visit Florida’s fish camps, living monuments to the history that has unfolded along the banks of the state’s waterways. By Charlie Hailey.
- State of Wonder – An oasis for birds…and us Orlando’s Lake Rowena at Harry P. Leu Gardens offers a sanctuary for visitors, both avian and human. By Elizabeth Randall.
Delve Into the Florida Humanities’ FORUM Collection at the
University of South Florida St. Petersburg Digital Archive.
- Art History (4)
- Book Fairs (1)
- Climate and Environment (25)
- Culture (5)
- Current Exhibitions (7)
- Documentaries (9)
- Florida Photography (12)
- Florida Talks: At Home! (32)
- Florida Women (2)
- Food and Drink (6)
- FORUM Magazine (13)
- Funding News (25)
- Grant Awards (24)
- GrantED (17)
- History and Heritage (64)
- Let's Talk About Water (4)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (11)
- Literature and Poetry (15)
- Long History of Race Relations (7)
- Military and Veterans (8)
- Past Exhibitions (23)
- Podcast (35)
- Press Releases (7)
- Special Interest (48)
- The "Humanities" (11)
- Travel & Tourism (2)
- Veterans: The Telling Project (6)
- Video, Film and Documentaries (9)