FORUM is the award-winning magazine of Florida Humanities. It shares the diverse stories of our state’s history and culture and is published in spring, summer and fall. Within its pages, you will find some of the ideas that make our state special. From Pensacola to Key West, FORUM keeps readers updated on the countless stories, histories, and cultural highlights of Florida.
Our archive spans over 70 issues and goes back more than 30 years. Digital versions can be viewed below.
Starting July 2022, FORUM is now a benefit of being a Florida Humanities member. To join our membership program and receive FORUM, click here to select the membership level that is right for you!
Spring 2023 Issue: A Taste of Florida
This issue examines Florida food through the lenses of culture, history, social connection, and individual lives.
• Soul Food Superstar – From festivals to fashionable tables, collard greens get respect.
• Here to Stay — Hurricane Ian lingered lethally over coastal Lee County, but left a writer’s love for Pine Island untouched.
• A culinary tour of Greek cuisine and culture in Tarpon Springs.
• David Fairchild’s passion for travel and the fruits of “this great green earth” brought a wealth of new foods to American dining tables.
• Can North Florida’s precious tupelo honey survive a changing climate and other threats to honeybees?
• From mango madness to a recalcitrant pig, noted Florida writers, share their favorite food memories.
To learn more about the other benefits of the Florida Humanities Membership Program, please email Membership Coordinator Mara Utterback at [email protected].
FORUM is supported in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Arts and Culture, the Florida Council on Arts and Culture, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
2022 FMA Charlie Awards
Congratulations to FORUM magazine for bringing home 16 awards, including 6 first-place “Charlies.” Click here to see the full list.