Book Festival Grants
Florida Humanities’ Book Festival Grants provide funding to eligible Florida nonprofit organizations to support events that celebrate the joy of reading, encourage thoughtful interactions between authors and their readers, and reflect on how literature conveys the human experience.
Proposed programming may occur over a single day or multiple days. Events can occur virtually, in person, or in a hybrid format and may include authors from or residing in Florida as well as those from outside the state.
Eligible events should include some or all of the following elements:
- author and illustrator talks and signings
- author and illustrator panel and discussions
- writing workshops
- keynote addresses
Interested in Applying?
Is your organization interested in applying for a Book Festival Grant? Contact April Myerscough at [email protected] or 727-873-2001 to receive an access code to start your application.
Funding Highlights and Key Dates:
Funding Amount: Up to $10,000
Cost Share: Minimum 1:1 cost share is required.
Deadline to apply: Submit your application no later than four months prior to the event.
Notification: Within 30 days of application submission.
Applications will be accepted from Florida-based organizations constituted for nonprofit purposes, including colleges and universities.
Festivals in their first year of operation must be connected to an established sponsoring organization that can demonstrate significant experience or a long-term commitment to literary-focused programming.
Events ineligible for funding include:
- Events that celebrate one author or cultural figure’s literary achievements.
- Music, Art, and Cultural Festivals where literature is not the main focus.
- Conferences that require a registration fee to attend and is not free and open to the public.
Federally Negotiated Cost Rate Agreement
Indirect costs are also known as “administrative costs”, “overhead” or “general operating costs”. These are costs necessary for keeping your organization running on a day-to-day basis and include expenses such as insurance, rent or mortgage, utilities, and salaries and benefits associated with executive or administrative personnel who are not directly involved in your proposed project.
Watch Informational Webinar
This one-hour webinar walks attendees through our newest funding opportunity. We will cover book festival basics, eligibility, and strategies to ensure your application is the best it can be!
This webinar is designed for:
- Florida book festival organizers and sponsors
- Literary nonprofits, organizations, and public and municipal libraries who host book festivals or are interested in creating a book festival
- Eligible organizations unsure if this grant program is right for them