Freelance Impact Writer
Do you have experience writing for a web audience? Do people love your conversational and engaging writing style? Can you capture and distill a story down to its most compelling essence?
Florida Humanities is looking for freelance writers to create compelling impact stories that convey the merit Florida Humanities grants in local communities and across the state writ large. You will work with the Grants Director to produce grant impact stories for an audience including prospective and current applicants, members, and policymakers.
- Research, write and edit passionate and compelling Florida Humanities grant Impact Stories, producing at least one per month. Additional content may be assigned (social assets, broader narrative stories), depending on abilities of writer.
- Proof-read and vet copy before to ensure consistency in tone, grammar, and messaging.
- 2+ years of experience writing and producing content online (degree in Marketing, Advertising, English, or Journalism related field a plus).
- Excellent technical and creative writing and editing skills
- Productive, effective, and organized with excellent time management skills
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and interpersonal.
- Passion for sharing important work of humanities funding.
- 25 cents per word of published content (average 500 to 800-word impact stories)
Deadline to apply:
Freelance writers, apply by March 5, 2021.
Freelance Impact Writer Application
All applications must be received through the below application. Emailed resumes and applications will not be accepted. Notification will be sent to the email address provided within your application.
Lindsey Morrison, Grants Director
Deadline to Apply:
Submit the online application by March 5, 2021 @ 5:00 pm EST