Life, Liberty + Libraries
Life, Liberty + Libraries
Libraries often serve as a community’s hub for civic engagement. They are places where people come to vote, road map their path to citizenship, learn from America’s great thinkers, and raise their voices in community conversations.
Florida Humanities and PBS Books are proudly partnering in this collaborative grant program, Life, Liberty + Libraries, to offer libraries and cultural organizations across Florida up to $2,500 in funding to purchase democracy and civics-themed books for circulation, utilize templated and high-quality promotional materials to further engage communities, and plan for humanities-rich public programming to accompany these new resources!
Note: Grant Opportunity Extended Beyond Public Libraries!
Following a successful inaugural round of Life, Liberty + Libraries in spring 2020, Florida Humanities and PBS Books is proud to extend this grant opportunity to Florida libraries, K-12 libraries, educational institutions and cultural organizations with widely accessible literary collections. Not sure if your organization qualifies? Plese contact Lindsey Morrison, Florida Humanities Grants Coordinator at [email protected].
If funded, libraries will receive:
- Young Adult
- Spanish Language Children
- High Quality, Templated Promotional Materials (posters, banner, bookmarks, social media graphics, and more!)
- Press Kit
- Direct communication on 2020-2021 PBS Programming related to Civics and Democracy
Who Can Apply?
Florida libraries, K-12 libraries, educational institutions and cultural organizations with widely accessible literary collections are eligible to apply.
Preference to libraries and organizations whose audience includes underserved communities. Underserved communities can be defined as those whose access to the humanities is limited by geography, ethnicity, economics, or disability.
Examples of eligible applicants include:
- Associated library friends groups or fiscal agents
- College/University Libraries
- K-12 Libraries
- Community Libraries
- Other Florida nonprofit cultural organizations that have literary collections widely accessible (either in-person or digitally) for the general public OR the community they serve.
Applicants with open Florida Humanities contracts (Community Project Grants, Florida Talks, Florida Stories, Museum on Main Street, etc.) are eligible to apply. Applicants with currently open Life, Liberty + Libraries grant contracts are not eligible to re-apply until their current grant is closed in good order.
- A DUNS and Federal-ID number are required to apply.
- Upon award, your organization must be registered or obtain registration on SAM.gov in order to receive grant funding. Registering in SAM.gov is free, and to seek help is free. Download this Quick Start Guide for SAM.gov this quick start guide for registering or renewing with SAM.gov.
Deadline and Important Information
Deadline: September 23, 2020 At 12:00 pm (noon)
Notification: October 14, 2020
Contract Period: October 14, 2020 – October 14, 2021
Public Programs Can Start After: November 25, 2020
Contract Amount: $2,500
Grant Period, Award Payments and Program Dates:
All projects and book orders must be completed by October 14, 2021. Awarded grantees will receive funds in two installments:
- 90% at the start of the project
- 10% on a reimbursement basis contingent upon receipt and approval of all required final reports