Humanities In Action
Here we highlight recently funded grants as well as some of those funded in the past. We encourage you to spend some time with them and hope they inspire you and your community to create your own humanities project.
Recently Funded Grants
Spotlight on Successful Grant Projects
Many projects funded with Florida Humanities Council grants provide lasting results for their communities. Here are some examples:
- Exhibition, Public Presentations, and Video, Navigating Tampa Bay’s Maritime Past at the Weedon Island Preserve Cultural and Natural History Center.
- Self-guided signage and brochures for The Highwaymen Trail in The City of Fort Pierce.
- A Tampa Bay Times Newspaper In Education Special Edition: Floridians and War – An exploration of conflict through the eyes of Florida Veterans
- WGCU Public Media/FGCU Board of Trustees documentary film: Reading, Writing & Civil Rights, a half-hour documentary about the desegregation of public school is southwest Florida.
- The expanded 7th edition of the Trail of Florida’s Indian Heritage brochure and updated website to include 67 significant Indian heritage sites around the state.
- From Within and Without: The History of Haitian Photography, an interpretive exhibit and programming at NSU Art Museum in Fort Lauderdale.