Florida Humanities Speaker Series
The Florida Humanities Council is seeking statewide partners to broaden its reach and strengthen its mission across the state. Formally known as the Speakers Bureau, the Florida Humanities Series program provides funding, promotional support, audience-building and capacity-building opportunities for organizations interested in hosting a series of public humanities programs.
What’s provided by the Florida Humanities Council:
- $5,000 to host four public programs
- A roster of high-quality humanities presenters to choose from
- A comprehensive press kit, including banners, sample press releases, posters, postcards and other promotional items to help promote and brand the Florida Humanities Series
- Statewide promotion of your programming through the various Florida Humanities channels
What’s expected of our Florida Humanities Series partners:
- Plan and execute a series of four programs utilizing the roster of speakers provided by the Florida Humanities
- Broadly publicize the series in local media (newspapers, radio, etc.)
- Maintain the Florida Humanities Series brand by using posters, postcards, and banners provided by Florida Humanities
- Attend a half-day project directors workshop to discuss audience-building, promotional tips, and other best practices
- Collect audience information and feedback to be shared with the Humanities Council
- Complete required reporting for the project
All applicants must first download and thoroughly review the program description & responsibilities and RFP below. To access the on-line application form, applicants must contact Alex Buell, Program Coordinator, at 727-873-2001 to discuss their proposal and receive an application password. No unsolicited or hard-copy proposals will be accepted.