Since 1971, the Florida Humanities Council has awarded more than $8 million statewide in support of the development and presentation of humanities-rich cultural resources and public programs. These programs and resources help preserve Florida’s rich history and heritage, promote civic engagement and community dialogue, and provide opportunities for reflecting on the future of our growing state.
About our Grant Program
With funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities, FHC grants primarily respond to the needs of local communities, but they often address topics of statewide interest. FHC is particularly interested in projects that are collaborative, attract diverse audiences, encourage active participation from the public, and explore humanities topics and disciplines in interesting and engaging ways.
|2019 Deadlines||Notification||Contract Period||Funding Amount|
|07/15/2019 at 12pm EST||09/01/2019||09/01/2019 – 09/01/2020||Up to $5,000|
|09/16/2019 at 12pm EST||10/31/2019||10/31/2019 – 10/31/2020||Up to $5,000|
|11/15/2019 at 12pm EST||01/01/2020||01/01/2020 – 01/01/2021||Up to $5,000|
Community Project grants provide support for the planning and implementation of public humanities programs and resources that meet the needs and interests of local communities.
All projects must:
- be rooted in one or more of the disciplines of the humanities
- enlist the participation of humanities scholars and/or experts in the project’s planning and execution, and
- engage the public in thoughtful and informed activities that explore humanities topics, including those related to Florida and/or topics of interest to Floridians
Special consideration may be given to the following:
- proposals from organizations with annual budgets of less than $1 million
- projects that reach new and/or underserved audiences
- projects that build on partnerships between two or more organizations or institutions
Before beginning the application process, please review the general eligibility guidelines and grant requirements included below and in the “before you apply” section.