The Great American Read
100 Books, 1 Winner
The Florida Humanities Council and the Florida Library Association are proud sponsors of “The Great American Read” programming in Florida. The Great American Read is an eight-part series that explores and celebrates the power of reading, told through the prism of America’s 100 best-loved novels (as chosen in a national survey). It investigates how and why writers create their fictional worlds, how we as readers are affected by these stories, and what these 100 different books have to say about our diverse nation and our shared human experience.
- Launch Special, Premiered Tuesday, May 22, Watch below
- Fall Kick-off, Premieres Tuesday, September 11, at 8/7c
- Who Am I?, Premieres Tuesday, September 18 at 8/7c
- Heroes, Premieres Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 8/7c
- Villains and Monsters, Premieres Tuesday, October 2 at 8/7c
- What We Do For Love, Premieres Tuesday, October 9 at 8/7c
- Other Worlds, Premieres Tuesday, October 16 at 8/7c
- Grand Finale, Premieres Tuesday, October 23 at 8/7c
Here’s how you can vote for your favorite book on The Great American Read.
THE GREAT AMERICAN READ Launch Special
Follow The Great American Read: