The Great American Read
Get Ready for The Great American Read!
The Florida Humanities Council and the Florida Library Association are proud sponsors of “The Great American Read” programming in Florida. The Great American Read is an eight-part series that explores and celebrates the power of reading, told through the prism of America’s 100 best-loved novels (as chosen in a national survey). It investigates how and why writers create their fictional worlds, how we as readers are affected by these stories, and what these 100 different books have to say about our diverse nation and our shared human experience.
- The Great American Read two-hour premiere special airs May 22 on PBS stations across Florida.
- Public Voting begins in May and runs through September
- Program recap airs September 11, 2018 at 8pm
- Themed episodes air Tuesdays, September 18 through October 16 at 8pm
- Top 10 program airs Tuesday, October 23 at 8pm
Libraries, click here for funding opportunities for The Great American Read.
Watch the premiere:
May 22, 8pm – 10pm
Fort Myers/Naples (WGCU)
Miami/Ft Lauderdale (WPBT)
Tampa/St Petersburg (WEDU)
May 22, 7pm – 9pm Central
May 28, 8pm – 10pm
West Palm Beach (WXEL)
Follow The Great American Read: